Wednesday 24 April 2013

Evaluation Question 3

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

If my media product was genuine, I would use Bauer Media to publish my magazine, and I will list my reasoning.

Firstly, they are a division of the largest, privately owned publishing group in Europe who have now become a global media empire. Their success and recognition could support my product and help it to grow even further with their cooperation.

Secondly, Bauer publicise their products with the use of cross-media platforms, such as Radio, Television and Internet, which could only further support my magazine in its goal to achieve popularity.

This isn't to say that other publishers like IPC Media, Imagine Publishing and Warners Group Publications don't offer what Bauer Media do, but seeing as most recognisable magazines are published by Bauer, and their success has generally grown since their establishment, its hard to really consider anyone else.

The only major advantage or disadvantage to joining Bauer Media as far as I can see, is that they don't really have a popular garage/indie magazine in their range that has had a massive amount of success or impact on the consumers, which suggests that maybe AMPlified could be the brand to change this, or perhaps the reason why is because the genre of the magazine does not appeal enough to potential consumers. However I feel this is a risk worth taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment